Ryan Madson, soon to be the Phillies' all-time leader in relief appearances. (Photo by Jeff Zelevansky/Getty Images)
Key milestones coming up in the next few days, including:
1) Rollins to move into 3rd place for Phillies career extra base hits
2) Madson to take over 2nd place in career relief appearances
3) Manuel to become the 3rd winningest manager in team history (2nd in the modern era)
- Needs 4 more extra base hits (i.e. 25 for the year) to tie Chuck Klein for 3rd on the Phillies all-time list with 643, behind only Mike Schmidt (1,015), and Ed Delahanty (686).
- Needs 5 hits (84 for the year) to tie Larry Bowa for 5th on the Phillies all-time list at 1,798. Next is Del Ennis in 4th at 1,812.
- Needs 1 triple (2nd of the year) to become the 4th Phillie to reach 100, and the first to do so since Sherry Magee in 1911. Others are Delahanty (157), Magee (127), and Sam Thompson (106).
- Needs 1 stolen base (4 for the year) to reach 100 in his career. He hasn't had one since June 5th.
- Needs 1 RBI (63 for the year) to tie Greg Luzinski for 9th on the Phllies' all-time list at 811.
- When he gets his 64th, he'll tie Bobby Abreu for 8th at 812.
- At 79 he'll tie Pat Burrell for 7th at 827.
- Needs to pitch in relief in 7 more games (38 for the year) to tie Ron Reed for 2nd on the Phillies all-time list with 449 relief appearances. He should pass Tug McGraw's team record of 460 later this year (BaseBa'al willing).
- The next Phillies' win (#50 on the year) will tie Manuel with Danny Ozark for 3rd on the Phillies all-time list at 594. Also ahead of him are Harry Wright of the 19th century (636), and Gene Mauch (646).