Phillies Hitters vs. Projections
Phillies hitters' OPS as compared to their 2009-11 averages, and to where they were expected to be by the various projection systems.
Obviously some are over and some are under, but overall the Phillies have slightly outperformed their OPS projections thus far.
Phillies Team Stats vs. 2011 and vs. L.A.
The Dodgers are near the bottom in most offensive categories. That's despite having some of the best plate discipline in the league, including leading the NL in BB%. They also lead the league in advancing runners, both from 2nd with none out, and scoring runners from 3rd with less than two out.
NL Standings and Team Stats
The Dodgers are in 2nd place in the NL West, 1 1/2 games behind San Francisco, and 2 games behind Atlanta in the wild card race. They've scored the 3rd fewest runs in the NL, but have also allowed the 3rd fewest.
- Rollins' double on Saturday passed Mike Schmidt for 2nd on the Phillies list, with 409. Ed Delahanty is the only one ahead of him, with 442, and Rollins should overtake Delahanty sometime in 2013.
- He needs two more HRs (10 total) to tie Willie Puddin' Head Jones for 12th on the Phillies list.
- Victorino needs 8 more hits (92 total) to reach 1,000 for his career.
- Hamels' start yesterday tied him with Dick Ruthven and Tully Sparks (1897-1910) for 9th on the Phillies list.
- Doc needs 10 more K's to become the 65th pitcher in history to reach 2,000.
- His 19th save of the season on Saturdat tied him with Sparky Lyle for 34th on the All-time list at 238.