Comparing Phillies stats with last year, and with the Diamondbacks. Also, tonight Charlie Manuel ties Gene Mauch for most games managed for the Phillies.
- Phillies Hitters vs. Projections
- Phillies Team Stats vs. 2012 and vs. the Diamondbacks
- NL Standings and team stats
- Milestones: Manuel ties team record
Phillies Hitters vs. Projections
Revere's 1.000 OPS over the last week is in limited playing time -- he is 6 for 14 with two walks (and a .500 BABIP).
Out of 180 qualifiers in the majors at this point, here is where Revere ranks in some plate discipline stats:
- 30th out of 180 in most pitches seen in the strike zone (48.8%)
- 8th lowest out of 180 in the % of pitches swung at (38.1%)
- 1st lowest out of 180 in the % of pitches in the zone that he's swung at (51.0%)
- 65th lowest out of 180 in the % of pitches out of the strike zone that he's swung at (25.7%)
He also has some of the highest contact rates in MLB:
- 8th highest contact rate overall (91.7%)
- 4th highest rate when swinging at pitches in the strike zone (97.1%)
- 17th highest rate on pitches outside the zone (81.5%) -- not likely to be quality contact
Phillies Team Stats vs. 2012 and vs. the D-backs
Arizona is far ahead of the Phils in most offensive categories, but their park adjusted wRC+ is only slightly ahead, ranking 11th vs. the Phils' 13th.
NL Standings and Team Stats
Colorado is having a great year offensively so far, and they've been almost successful on the road as they have at very hitter friendly Coors Field. They lead the NL in OPS at home (.820), but they also lead in OPS on the road (.800), and by a wide margin.
In the table below, OPS+ has been replaced by wRC+:
Milestones likely to be reached over the next week or so...
- His next home run (2nd this year), will be the 195th of his career, tying him withBobby Abreu for 10th on the Phillies' all-time list.
- He needs 4 more walks (13 total) to tie Ed Delahanty for 7th most in Phils' history with 643.
- His next HBP (which will be his first this year) will break a tie with Chet Lemon and move him into sole possession of 21st place in MLB history, with 152. A second HBP will tie him with Hall of Fame outfielder Fred Clarke for 20th.
- Howard's two walks on Tuesday moved him past Greg Luzinski for 11th in Phils' history, with 573.
- He needs 2 more extra base hits (17 total) to tie Johnny Callison for 8th on the Phillies career list with 534.
- Tonight's game is the 1,332nd that Manuel will manage for the Phillies, which will tie him with Gene Mauch for the most in team history.