It's day 3 and probably pretty slow. After the last 2 days, I have literally no idea what to expect from the Phillies. In the past they would go heavy on Overslot guys in the next 4-5 picks, but in the past they wouldn't have drafted 90% College players in the first 10 rounds.
That said, there are some signability guys and highly ranked names dangling around, so it's possible they could still gamble a little.
- Jscob Bukauskas, RHP, High School, VA - First Round talent, would be tough to entice him to skip his College commit at this point.
- Mac Marshall, LHP, High School, Georgia - Another borderline First Round talent. Good luck overslotting him without breaking the rules.
- Keith Weisenberg, RHP, High School, Florida - Borderline Second Round talent
- Bryce Montes de Oca, RHP, High School Kansas - Borderline Second Round talent
- J.J. Schwarz, C - Profiled on Wednesday, strong Florida commit
- Keaton McKinney, RHP, High School Iowa - Third Round talent
- Jeren Kendall, OF, High School Wisconsin - Could be a sleeper hurt by being from a state not know for baseball
- Cobi Johnson, RHP - High School Florida - Third Round talent
- David Peterson, LHP High School Colorado - The old Phillies adored drafting Pitchers from Colorado
- Evan Skoug, C High School Illinois - Third/Fourth round talent