In the spirit of the holiday, here's my 2008 Phillies Thanksgiving list of things I'm thankful for:
10. Pat Burrell's April and Ryan Howard's September
9. Jamie Moyer having discovered what Ponce de Leon never did, the Fountain of Youth.
8. Incredible up-the-middle defense from Chase Utley, Jimmy Rollins, and Shane Victorino.
7. Brad Lidge's perfect season.
6. Charlie Manuel's ability to manage people.
5. The Mets' September baseball skills.
4. Cole Hamels' left arm.
3. 103 wins.
2. The parade down Broad Street on that beautiful last day of October.
1. That unbelievable confluence of events that put the Phillies in Philadelphia for Game 5 and me in the CBP seats watching every pitch as the team took its second world championship ever.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!