Key milestones coming up in the next weeks, including:
1) Rollins to move into 3rd place for Phillies career extra base hits
2) Madson to take over 2nd place in career relief appearances
3) Ibanez moving up the lists of most RBIs and doubles in ages 30-39
Team Record for wins out of 162 games
With their win on Sunday, the Phillies have now won 108 of their last 162 regular season games. The team record before this year was 105, which had been done 3 times previously:
1) 9/21/76 - 9/17/77
2) 5/7/77 - 5/7/78
3) 5/12/77 - 5/11/78
- His 3 hits on Sunday pushed him past Del Ennis for 4th place on the Phillies' all-time list, with 1,814.
- Needs 1 more extra base hit (i.e. 25 for the year) to tie Chuck Klein for 3rd on the Phillies all-time list with 643, behind only Mike Schmidt (1,015), and Ed Delahanty (686).
- Needs 6 singles (82 for the year) to tie Del Ennis and Tony Taylor for 6th on the Phillies list with 1,178.
- (Still) needs 1 triple (2nd of the year) to become the 4th Phillie to reach 100, and the first to do so since Sherry Magee in 1911. Others are Delahanty (157), Magee (127), and Sam Thompson (106).
- Needs 6 RBI (79 for the year) to tie Pat Burrell for 7th on the Phillies list at 827.
- Needs 10 hits (98 total) to reach 1,000 for his career.
- Needs 5 HRs (18 for the year) to reach 250 in his career
- Needs 23 RBI (71 for the year) to tie Mike Schmidt for 9th on MLB All-time list for RBIs in ages 30-39.
- Needs 6 doubles (24 for the year) to tie Charlie Gehringer for 11th on the All-time list for doubles in ages 30-39.
- Needs to pitch in relief in 5 more games (38 for the year) to tie Ron Reed for 2nd on the Phillies all-time list with 449 relief appearances. He should pass Tug McGraw's team record of 460 later this year.