After the jump, a brief milestones update, including Friday night's game:
- Rollins needs to play 3 more games at Shortstop to tie Larry Bowa for most in Phillies history at Short, with 1,730.
- His next walk (39th this year) will tie Darren Daulton for 9th on the Phillies with 607.
- His next triple (6th) will tie him with Sam Thompson for 3rd on the Phillies list at 106.
- 2 more home runs (15 for the year) will tie him with Johnny Callison (185) for 11th in Phillies history.
- He needs 23 hits to reach 2,000, and barring injury he should get there some time in September.
More on Rollins' assault on the Phillies record book in a recent milestones post.
- His next Sacrifice Fly (2nd this year) will tie him with Pat Burrell for 9th on the Phillies list, with 42.
- He needs 4 home runs to reach 200 for his career.
- Howard's HR on Wednesday was the 500th extra base hit of his career, and he needs 2 more (11 for the year) to tie Cy Williams for 10th on the Phillies' list with 503.
- With 292 career home runs in 1,054 games, he needs 8 in his next 32 games in order to reach 300 in the fewest games in history, surpassing Ralph Kiner's record of 1,087. He's had 6 in his first 27 games this year, so it's not going to be easy. Howard was already the fastest to 100, 200, and 250. More detail in this milestones post.
- With his 25th save tonight, he tied Dan Quisenberry for 32nd all-time, with 244. Next is Dave Righetti at 252.