welcome to the official 2014 SB nations Phillies winter simulation discussion thread. For those of you who don't know what this is, here's a LINK to last weeks primer. In addition, follow all the transactions throughout the league at our sister site and SIM sponsor ROYALS REVIEW
And as you can see from the picture, and if you check the link our first transaction was a doozy.
We've made trades!
We've started to inquire on Free agents!
We'll update the information as the transactions are officially announced but this is your spot to tell us how we're doing, make suggestions, and bask in the glory of a Phillies team not run by Ruben Amaro Jr.
- Phillies trade 3B Cody Asche, OF John Mayberry Jr., IF Cesar Hernandez and RP Jonathan Papelbon to the Los Angeles Dodgers for OF Matt Kemp and OF Scott Van Slyke
- Phillies trade Austin Wright to the Kansas City Royals for Luke Hochevar
- Phillies trade OF Scott Van Slyke to the San Francisco Giants for RP Heath Hembree
- Phillies sign C Carlos Ruiz to a 2 year 12mm deal.
- Phillies sign RP Jesse Crain to a 2 year 5mm Deal
- Phillies sign SP Randy Messenger to a 2 year 8mm deal
- Phillies sign Cuban IF Alexander Guererro to a 4 year 16mm deal
- Phillies sign RP Ryan Madson to a minor league deal with 40 man spot and guranteed 2mm salary once he pitches in the majors.
- Phillies trade RP Mike Adams to the NYY for OF Ichiro Suzuki
- Phillies trade OF Casper Wells to the Mariners for IF Leury Bonilla
- Phillies trade P Adam Morgan to the Oakland Athletics for SP Brett Anderson, OF Michael Choice and $6,000,000
- Phillies tender contracts to Antonio Bastardo and Ben Revere.
- Phillies non tender P Kyle Kendrick, IF Kevin Frandsen, OF Roger Bernadina and P John Lannan
- Phillies hire Jamie Moyer as pitching coach
- Phillies sign 1B/3B Kevin Youkilis to a 1 year 4mm deal with 6mm team option, no buyout.
- Phillies sign C Kelly Shoppach, IF Chris Nelson, P Philip Humber to minor league deals with invitations to Spring Training
- Phillies sign P Barry Zito to a minor league deal with guaranteed 2mm base salary with up to 3mm in incentives if he makes the 40 man roster with a March 20th Opt out.