Last night, Keith Law tweeted this:
Ryan Howard's contract.— keithlaw (@keithlaw) April 24, 2013
That right there is a sentence without an ending. So we at The Good Phight came up with a number of different ways to end that sentence.
Ryan Howard's contract...
- is what people talk about when they have run out of intelligent things to say.
- will be over when Albert Pujols' contract has five more years remaining on it.
- is the moment when we realized that Amaro and the Phillies were really lucky and really stupid.
- is something that can be destroyed only by the cleansing fire of Apostate Red Phanatic.
- is the Phillies' heart balm for Braves fans so they don't commit suicide after so many recent division title near-misses and in advance of the coming choke this year.
- is the fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse.
- is grounds for firing Ruben Amaro.
- was actually the Devil's greatest trick.
- is the reason Cliff Lee was not a Phillie in 2010 (and thus possibly why they didn't win the World Series that year).
- is the reason we can't have nice things.
- isn't why he can't hit lefties.
- is not a reason to boo Ryan Howard.
- is something every single Phillies fan would have signed if in his shoes.
- is an anagram for Concordant Warty Rash.
We put the call out on twitter as well, and here are some of our favorite responses.
@thegoodphight The preeminent contract of its generation.— Santos L. Halper (@TheFoyeEffect) April 24, 2013
#RyanHowardsContract is the name of a baseball horror movie being released every summer until 2016@thegoodphight— shoes for all (@shoesforall) April 24, 2013
@thegoodphight Ryan Howard's Contract was justified... When he signed he was a NL ROtY, MVP, WS Champ, injury free, fastest to 100 & 200 HR— Rich Ballezzi (@Eaglesrownage) April 24, 2013
@thegoodphight #RyanHowardscontract ignited a statistical revolution that has forever altered how people judge all players.— Brian Coulter (@PhilaBCoulter) April 24, 2013
@thegoodphight F**KNG TERRIBLE WE GET IT KEITH LAW JUST LAY OFF US FOR ONCE— I'M THE GREATEST TWI (@riserandgrinder) April 24, 2013
Winner. RT @felskefiles: @thegoodphight @keithlaw #RyanHowardscontract is a good reason to become a sports agent.— keithlaw (@keithlaw) April 24, 2013
So, how would you end that sentence? Give us your best in the comments below.