- NL Standings and team stats
- Phillies Team Stats vs. 2013 and vs. the Marlins
- Individual Stats: Hitters and Pitchers
- Upcoming Milestones
NL Standings and Team Stats
The Phils are now 4 games behind Atlanta, and only 2.5 back in the wildcard race. With just a 0.7 win difference between their actual wins and the wins predicted by their run differential, only two teams in the NL are closer to their pythagorean projection than the Phillies.
Miami is two behind the Braves, and they've played well thanks to the NL's best offense outside of Coors Field. Their pitching has been about average, and may get worse now that Jose Fernandez has been lost to Tommy John surgery.
Phillies Team Stats vs. 2013 and vs. the Marlins
The Phils have scored the 6th most runs per game in the NL so far, but they've been more inconsistent than most teams, ranking only 12th and 11th in scoring 3+ and 4+ runs per game, respectively.
They're walking well again, leading the NL in BB's over the last 15 games:
first 13 games: 10.3% - 1st in the NL
next 13 games: 4.8% - 15th in the NL
last 15 games: 9.5% - 1st in the NL
Miami has the 3rd best run differential in the league so far. They are near the top in most key offensive categories, and they've hit especially well at home: .296/.364/.463 (.827 OPS), helped by a .351 BABIP.
At 17-5, they have the best home record in baseball.
They haven't shown much of a running game, ranking last in the NL in stolen bases, as well as attempts.
Phillies hitters at Fangraphs
Marlins hitters at Fangraphs
Pitching and Defense
Phillies pitchers at Fangraphs
Marlins pitchers at Fangraphs
Chase Utley's season to date:
first 58 PAs: .462/.517/.769 (1.286 OPS)
next 70 PAs: .203/.257/.266 (.523 OPS)
last 41 PAs: .400/.463/.743 (1.206 OPS)
Recent milestones and those that may be reached over the next week or so...
Jimmy Rollins -- Phillies Hits Record
Rollins passed Ed Delahanty for third on the Phillies' all-time list on Saturday, and is now just four hits behind Richie Ashburn for second place.
Jimmy Rollins -- Other
- Rollins' home run to lead off the game on Sunday was the 204th of his career, tying Dick Allen for 9th most in Phils history.
- His next time caught stealing will tie him with Schmidt for 2nd most on the Phillies list at 92. Larry Bowa holds the team record with 94. Caught stealing stats have been kept since 1951.
- Four more strikeouts (33 on the year) will tie Bobby Abreu for 5th most in team history at 1078.
- Utley's run scored on Saturday tied Billy Hamilton for 11th on the Phillies list at 874.
- His next Sacrifice Fly (3rd of the year) ties Bobby Abreu for 2nd all-time for the Phillies at 54, leaving him behind only Mike Schmidt (108). Sac Flies were tracked at various times before, but have only been recorded continuously since 1954.
- He needs 13 more total bases (96 for the year) to tie Cy Williams for 7th most in Phils history, at 2539.
- Five more extra base hits (28 total) will tie Bobby Abrue for 6th most, with 585.
- Howard's next walk (19th this year) will tie Darren Daulton for 10th most in Phils history, at 607.
- Finally, in his seventh try after winning #99, Hamels won the 100th game of his career. He became the 8th pitcher in Phillies history to win 100, and tied Al Orth for 7th on the Phils all-time list.
- His 101st win will tie Curt Schilling for 6th most, leaving him behind only Carlton (241), Roberts (234), Alexander (190), Short (132), and Simmons (115).
- Hamels is also about to pass Schilling in strikeouts -- 11 more (45 for the year) will tie him for 4th most K's in Phillies history at 1554, behind only Carlton (3031), Roberts (1871), and Short (1585).
- Burnett's next win will be the 150th of his career, making him the 5th active pitcher with 150+. Cliff Lee is tied for 6th among active pitchers, with 143.
- Papelbon is sitting at 297 career saves, and 3 more will make him 26th pitcher in history with 300+. That will also tie him with Bruce Sutter and Jason Isringhausen for 24th most all-time. He would become the 6th pitcher in history with 300 saves by his age 33 season.
- Phillies All-time hitting leaders
- Phillies All-time pitching leaders