- Phillies' starter David Buchanan walked five Braves today. In his last two games, Buchanan has walked nine batters.
- The Phillies have scored three runs or less in eight of their last ten games. They've lost all eight of those games.
- The Phillies recently finished a 15-game errorless streak. Following that, they had an error in eight straight games.
- The Braves haven't swept the Phillies in four games since 1997.
- The last time the Braves had a four-game sweep against Philadelphia that was actually in Philadelphia? 1964. 1964! They did it at Connie Mack stadium, and the Braves were in Milwaukee then.
Not all the numbers from today's game were bad. There were a few small victories today.
- With his hit in the seventh inning, Chase Utley notched his 1500th hit of his career. He tipped his cap to the crowd after healthy standing ovation. I may or may not have swooned. (Hint: I did.)
- Marlon Byrd hit two home runs. It was his 7th career multi-homer game.
- The Phillies haven't had a multi-homer game from one of their players since Chase Utley hit two homers against the Dodgers. Coincidentally, that was one year ago today.
- Those two runs were the only ones the Phillies would score.
- Justin De Fratus hasn't allowed a run since he was called back up on May 15. That's 16 appearances and 17 innings.
- Jonathan Papelbon is still pitching like a monster. He hasn't allowed a single home run this year, and his ERA is down to 1.39.
- This happened today:
Look at all those good numbers. OK, so one of those wasn't really a good number. Considering the sheer volume of crap in today's game, you can't weed it all out.
That's all she wrote, folks. The Phillies have an off day tomorrow. Let's enjoy ourselves, because life is too short. It's just too, too short.