Take a long, careful look at the promotional/giveaway schedule for the Phillies for 2015. Like the 2015 Phillies team, it does not look to be very exciting at first, second, or third blush.
There are three bobblehead giveaways:
- Roy Halladay: March 7 at a Spring Training game
- "Vintage Phillies Bobblehead" on June 2 (a Tuesday night) against the Reds
- "Bobble Figurine" on Tuesday, August 18 against the Blue Jays
- Phillies bat pack on Sunday, April 12 against the Nationals (14 and under)
- Phanatic socks on Sunday, April 26 against the Barves (14 and under)
- Autism Awareness Night on Saturday, April 25th against the Barves. Details here. A portion of ticket sales will go to Autism Speaks. If I were attending my first game with my autistic son, I would suggest also turning down the PA system/amplified music to reduce sensory issues for kiddos (at least in a few promotional sections), but that's just me. My son has adjusted at this point, but he wasn't always comfortable with the noise.
- Sunday, May 10th (Mets) brings us Mother's Day and a "Ladies Wristlet" whatever that is for mothers (a.k.a. females 15 and over?)
- Monday, May 11th is a Phillies cap for all fans
- Saturday, May 16th (Diamondbacks) - Dollar Dog night *and* Cornhole night! No giveaways, per se, but this sounds really fun. I'd insert a cheap sodomy joke, but I already did. Another would just be gonzo.
- Sunday June 7th against the Giants: "Player T-Shirt"
- Sunday June 21 (Cardinals) - Father's Day (men 15 and older!) a 1960's Phillies cap (this seems really cool to me, but I also shake my cane at the sky at times, so there you are).
- Saturday, June 27 (Nationals) - W.B. Mason collectible truck! (fans 14 and under)
- Sunday, June 28 (Nationals) - Phanatic Jersey (fans 14 and under)
- Friday, July 31 (Barves) Wall of Fame Night (Who ever will it be?!?!? Maybe it is finally time for Steve Jeltz!)
- Saturday, August 1 (Barves) Alumni Night
- Sunday, August 30 (Padres) Kids Back to School gift (14 and under, of course)
- Sunday, October 4 (Marlins) - Fan Appreciation Day, when all fans will receive sweet, merciful oblivion oblivion, and maybe some other schwag.