It's time to blow this team up.
It's really impossible to fully capture just how bumblingly atrocious this team is. But here's a short list:
- They have half as many wins as losses . . . 66 games into the season.
- They have lost 12 road games in a row and 14 of their last 15.
- Their run differential for the season is -111. Only two MLB teams had a worse run differential last year over the course of the entire season.
- They have a 73 team wRC+, worst in baseball.
- Jeff Francoeur pitched.
- The Orioles intentionally forfeited their designated hitter and put an atrocious fielder at third base.
- Chase Utley blew up at the coaching staff for leaving Francoeur on the mound for 48 pitches. (Just days after Ken Giles got into a heated argument with the same staff.)
- And the reason Francoeur was on the mound for 48 pitches? Because the coaching staff couldn't figure out how to communicate with the bullpen.
- The Phillies lost by two touchdowns . . . both with the 2-point conversion.
- Just as a team is never as good as its best winning streak, it's never as bad as its worst losing streak.
- We knew the team was going to be terrible this year.
- Ruben Amaro has been decent enough with respect to the long-term planning for the current rebuild. The on-field performance is irrelevant right now.