It's been a busy week for the Phillies. Jeremy Hellickson accepted the qualifying offer, the team released starting pitcher Matt Harrison, and traded for OF/2B Howie Kendrick from the Dodgers. Could more moves be in the works?
Joining the show this week is Phillies insider and beat writer Jim Salisbury of Comcast SportsNet. Jim is perhaps the most dialed-in beat reporter covering the Phils and gives his analysis on the moves the team made this week and what they might do over the next few weeks. Among the topics discussed.
- Jeremy Hellickson accepts the Qualifying Offer
- Why is the release of Matt Harrison such an interesting move?
- Phillies are openly talking about money, something new for them
- Why did the Phils pick up Howie Kendrick?
- Where are the Phillies with Cesar Hernandez and potentially moving him?
- Which of the Phillies' other young players could be on the trade block this winter?
- The Phils are facing a 40-man roster crunch... who is on the bubble?
- Salisbury reports on the exciting young pitching prospect, Sixto Sanchez.
Also this week, why the Phillies aren't going to sign any free agents or trade for any players on long-term deals, and why that's a good thing, some Hot Stove notes from around the NL East, and the Year in Pitcher's Hitting, courtesy of our friend, MLB.com's Corinne Landrey.