The Phillies farm system is good.
If there is one takeaway from my conversation with Baseball America’s Ben Badler on this week’s Felske Files podcast it is that the Phils have one of the best batches of minor leaguers in the sport. How good? You’ll have to tune in to hear.
This week, host John Stolnis discussed...
PHILLIES BRING BACK ANDRES BLANCO:
- The team’s long-time utility man has re-signed on a one-year deal.
- Blanco brings a solid bat and clubhouse leadership to the equation.
- Now 33, Blanco has had his best years with the Phillies.
- Phils also claim utility man Richie Shaffer off waivers.
- Had a good year in 2015 in the minors but scuffled last year.
- Will likely start season in AAA.
- What is the Phils’ bench looking like now?
- Phils released Phil Klein and the really-recently-acquired David Rollins to make room.
BEN BADLER INTERVIEW:
- How does Baseball America come up with their rankings? What is the process?
- How good is the Phils’ system compared to others around baseball?
- The Phils top 10 is released... J.P. Crawford is at the top. How much did he slip overall after last year’s rough season?
- Mickey Moniak at number two... what is his long-term profile?
- Is Nick Williams broken, or can he be fixed?
- Who has better stuff... Sixto Sanchez (5) or Franklin Kilome (7)?
- Why do you have Rhys Hoskins (6) so much higher than Dylan Cozens (10)?
- Who just missed your Top 10?
- Who did the Phillies pick up in last year’s international signing period that you find most interesting?
MLB BANS PLAYERS FORCING ROOKIES TO DRESS LIKE WOMEN:
- It’s about time this practice ended.
- There are better ways of making players feel included.
- Baseball’s motivation could very much be to avoid embarrassment.
- Professional work places should not force men to dress like women.
- How many players have unspoken anxiety issues that are exacerbated by something like this? Remember Zach Greinke?
- Baseball players feel paralyzed... they can’t speak out against it because they’ll be ostracized.
- Good decision by MLB.
INDIANS DOUBLE-DOWN ON CHIEF WAHOO:
- Earlier reports said the Indians were cutting back on the usage of its controversial logo.
- Indians announce he will still be prevalent on the teams’ hats and jerseys.
- MLB commissioner Rob Manfred said during World Series he’d talk with Cleveland owner... he hasn’t.
STAT OF THE WEEK
- PLEASE CLICK HERE for the official Felske Files iTunes feed. Also please rate the show (5 stars, obviously!) and leave a review. Not only do we love to hear your feedback, but this also helps other Phillies fans find the show.
- Are you interested in advertising with The Felske Files? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition to my work here at The Good Phight, check out my work at numberFire.com.
- Follow this podcast on Twitter: @FelskeFiles.
- Follow the Felske Files on SoundCloud.
- Rate The Felske Files on Stitcher.