Clay Buchholz is now a Phillie, and you know the Red Sox are laughing their butts off.
Let 'em. Let 'em laugh, because GM Matt Klentak may have just gotten himself another nice trade chip next July or, dare I say it, a starting pitcher that could give the Phils one of the better rotations in the National League.
Joining me on this week's Felske Files podcast to discuss the Buchholz deal, and the Phils' off-season as a whole, is National Columnist for Fanrag Sports, Jesse Spector.
This week on the Felske Files, you'll hear about...
CLAY BUCHHOLZ TRADED:
- Don't look now, but if all things go well, the Phils could have a very nice starting rotation in 2017.
- This dude is Jekyll and Hyde, no doubt about it.
- He had an up-and-down season in 2016... lousy early... very good late.
- Phils feel like they have a true bounce-back, change of scenery guy on their hands.
- This creates a logjam of starters, what do the Phillies do?
- Jake Thompson and/or Zach Eflin's development is going to be hurt by this, but by how much?
JESSE SPECTOR INTERVIEW:
- Was trading for Buchholz a smart move?
- Spector breaks down Klentak's off-season thus far.
- Even if the Phils are in wild card contention in July, you TRADE Jeremy Hellickson and Buchholz if they're pitching well.
- Hall of Fame voting... the PED guys are gaining support.
- Hear who Jesse would elect to the Hall of he had a vote.
- Why he wouldn't vote for Curt Schilling (and it's not why you think).
- Which free agents remaining on the unemployment line should be worried?
WHY AREN'T THE WHITE SOX BEING ACCUSED OF TANKING?
- They're doing exactly what the Phils did in 2015 and '16, and yet they get away scott-free!
- The White Sox AREN'T tanking, just like the Phillies weren't tanking.
- There is a double-standard going on here, but why?
- Can we please just eliminate the use of the word "tanking," unless it's to describe egregious cases, please?
JIMMY ROLLINS TO THE... GIANTS???
- Please, no.
- Again, I say, no please.
STAT OF THE WEEK
- PLEASE CLICK HERE for the official Felske Files iTunes feed. Also please rate the show (5 stars, obviously!) and leave a review. Not only do we love to hear your feedback, but this also helps other Phillies fans find the show.
- Are you interested in advertising with The Felske Files? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition to my work here at The Good Phight, check out my work at numberFire.com.
- Follow this podcast on Twitter: @FelskeFiles.
- Follow the Felske Files on SoundCloud.
- Rate The Felske Files on Stitcher.