Everyone has a sad right now.
Chooch is gone. The Phils just up and traded him away from us, like uncaring parents snatching away a beloved blankie just because you're 25 years old. It's just not fair.
Phillies beat writer from the Allentown Morning Call Stephen Gross will be here to talk about the Chooch trade and what he meant to the organization. Also, NY Times baseball writer Tyler Kepner will stop by to talk about the state of the Phils' rebuild and handicap the MLB awards races with a month left in the season.
Also on this week's episode:
- Is the Phils' plan to rebuild around pitching too risky?
- What to make of the Phillies rotation going into 2017?
- The team is really, really young, and that's important to remember.
- It's September call-up time, who's going to be joining the roster?
- A young girl was badly injured when she was hit in the face by a foul ball last week. Where is all the netting that teams were supposed to put in place?
- Who are the favorites to win the NL MVP and Cy Young Awards?
- In the American League, people are mentioning Baltimore closer Zach Britton as a Cy Young AND MVP candidate. Is this crazy?
- Jorge Alfaro is getting the call to the Majors, but for how long?
- J.P. Crawford, Dylan Cozens, Rhys Hoskins and Roman Quinn in the latest Prospect Roundup.
- Stat of the Week.