I didn’t want to baseball yesterday. Hearing about the death of Jose Fernandez, my favorite pitcher in all of baseball, just completely sapped my baseball desire.
Apparently it did the same for the Phillies, who lost 17-0 to the Mets.
That’s right. 17-0. The Phillies allowed the Mets to score 17 runs, and the Phillies scored none.
For all the problems the Mets have had lately, they beat the ever loving shit out of the Phillies yesterday. The had 14 hits and only allowed the Phillies three. Three hits!
- Every single pitcher gave up at least one run.
- The first three pitchers the Phillies sent to the mound, Jake Thompson, Phil Klein, and Colton Murray, gave up three runs each.
- Phil Klein gave up his three runs in just 1⁄3 of an inning.
- Patrick Schuster gave up the most runs. He allowed five in just 2⁄3 of an inning.
- I don’t want to do anymore highlights.
To put this into context: the Phillies allowed 17 runs. The Eagles only allowed their opponents to score three yesterday.
The Phillies aren’t done playing the Mets. They do it for three more games next week. Because baseball is trying to make us hate it.