The scariest part of the Phillies' ineptitude at the plate this year is this realization.
They might just be bad and not get a whole lot better.
Joining me on this week's episode of The Felske Files is Phils beat writer for the Associated Press Rob Maaddi. He gives his thoughts on the performance of the Phillies offense and whether or not he thinks it's going to improve at all next year.
Also, with just three weeks left in the regular season, MLB's pennant races are heating up. National baseball writer Scott Miller of Bleacher Report/Turner Sports and Sirius XM Radio joins the show to break down the tightest races and whether or not MLB's roster rules for September need to be changed.
Also on this week's show:
- A breakdown of why the Phils' offense is so inept
- Some of the young Phillies pitchers have performed well over the last few weeks.
- Is Vince Velasquez a starter long-term, or destined for the 'pen?
- Managers are abusing the expansion of rosters and are making the game worse and more unwatchable in the process
- Who's going to win the crazy AL East?
- And what about the AL Wild Card?
- Who has the edge for the NL Wild Card?
- And who will win the NL West?
- Does Tim Tebow have a future in MLB?
- Phillies final regular season prospect report.
- Dylan Cozens' splits are a bit scary.
- Rhys Hoskins looks like a more balanced hitter.
- Nick Williams and J.P. Crawford's struggles.
- Stat of the Week