The Phillies won 71 games last year. That wasn't a lot. So manager Pete Mackanin has a stated goal for 2017... play .500 ball. That means a 10-win improvement to 81 wins.
Can it be done? Have the changes made during the off-season done enough to bridge the divide? And if the Phils are in wild card contention at the trade deadline, do they still explore selling the many veterans they acquired this off-season as potential trade chips in July?
Also, the Hall of Fame inducted three new members into Cooperstown this week, Tim Raines, Jeff Bagwell and Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez. Did the baseball writers get it right? What about the PED guys? And who are the favorites to get in next year? Joining the podcast to discuss this, as well as a couple Phillies issues as well, is The Ringer's Michael Baumann. Make sure to check out The Ringer MLB Show that Michael hosts with Ben Lindberg, too.
And ESPN's Keith Law is starting to emerge with organizational prospect rankings, we'll talk about where he ranks the Philles.
- PLEASE CLICK HERE for the official Felske Files iTunes feed. Also please rate the show (5 stars, obviously!) and leave a review. Not only do we love to hear your feedback, but this also helps other Phillies fans find the show.
- Are you interested in advertising with The Felske Files? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition to my work here at The Good Phight, check out my work at numberFire.com.
- Follow this podcast on Twitter: @FelskeFiles.
- Follow the Felske Files on SoundCloud.
- Rate The Felske Files on Stitcher.