Episode 124 of The Felske Files is brought to you by Anthony Arot and The Nash Wealth Management Group! Check them out here!
The kids aren’t coming, at least, not anytime soon.
You want to see Nick Williams in place of Michael Saunders? Not yet. You want to see Scott Kingery jumped two levels to take Cesar Hernandez’ place? He’s got to get to AAA first, apparently. And Rhys Hoskins, who is slumping, has to stay put because Tommy Joseph has been pretty darned productive lately.
But for everyone who wants the future to start right now, it’s going to have to wait, at least for a little while longer. General manager Matt Klentak said this week the team is not going to remain patient with their prospects and not rush them to the Majors when there is still some good ‘ol fashioned developin’ left to do on the farm.
Are the Phillies being too cautious? With some of their prospects, perhaps. It sure seems to me like it’s time to see Nick Williams, and the argument for calling up Scott Kingery is a good one, too. But is there a method to their madness?
CSN Philly’s Corey Seidman joined Episode 124 of The Felske Files this week and discussed this, as well as his recent piece that examined which of the Phils veterans on one-year deals could still be moved at the trade deadline.
Also on this week’s show:
- The Phillies snap an eight-game losing streak by finally beating the Boston Red Sox
- Nick Pivetta was throwing heat and finally looked like the guy who was dominating in AAA
- The 2017 MLB Draft is over and the Phils went heavy on college players
- There were some great names the Phillies selected this year
- Fangraphs' David Laurila stops by to chat about his interview with hitting coach Matt Stairs
- Maikel Franco is getting himself out, and Stairs knows why
- What was up with Odubel Herrera’s struggles in May?
- How aggressive is Stairs with hitters when they’re struggling
- The mechanics of hitting have so many moving parts
- Ruben Amaro Jr. returned to Philadelphia, did anyone notice?
- The legacy of Amaro Jr. has yet to be determined
- STAT OF THE WEEK
- PLEASE VISIT THE FELSKE FILES TEEPUBLIC.COM STORE! Click right here for phenomenal T-shirts and other apparel, including these sweet tees!
- IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADVERTISE WITH THE FELSKE FILES, please email John Stolnis at firstname.lastname@example.org. I have rates to match every budget!
- PLEASE CLICK HERE for the official Felske Files iTunes feed. Also please rate the show (5 stars, obviously!) and leave a review. Not only do we love to hear your feedback, but this also helps other Phillies fans find the show.
- In addition to my work here at The Good Phight, check out my work at numberFire.com.
- Follow this podcast on Twitter: @FelskeFiles.
- Follow the Felske Files on SoundCloud.
- Check out the brand new Felske Files Facebook page, and please LIKE the page!!!
- Rate The Felske Files on Stitcher.
- Follow the Felske Files on Instagram!