Baseball’s tradin’ season is officially upon us. For teams like the Phillies, the down-and-outers, it’s time to take a look at the inventory and see if there’s anything to take to the swap meet to make a buck off of.
For the Phillies, that involves a number of rental veterans, like relief pitcher Pat Neshek and infielder/outfielder Howie Kendrick. Both, if they can stay healthy, should fetch a decent price. In fact, it’s been reported there is already a standing offer for Neshek. Kendrick, unfortunately, might be looking at a stay on the disabled list because of a bad hamstring.
Less clear is what the Phillies plan to do with some of their younger Major League players.
Just how open are the Phils to trading Maikel Franco? Can GM Matt Klentak find a taker for Tommy Joseph. Would the Phillies consider dealing one or both of their double-play combo of Cesar Hernandez and/or Freddy Galvis?
Joining me to discuss that and more on Episode 127 of The Felske Files is managing editor of The Good Phight, Liz Roscher.
Also on this episode of the podcast:
- The Phillies are on pace to lose 110 games this year after losing three out of four to the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Arizona is really good and is pretty close to a lock to make the playoffs
- The NL playoff picture is screwy this year.
- Freddy Galvis has some harsh and angry words for his teammates after yet another dispiriting loss.
- Did the low expectations for 2017 set by management creep into the minds of the players, allowing them to give up when the going got tough?
- Lots of trade talk.
- Does it make any sense at all for the Phillies to have Maikel Franco on the trade block?
- The Phils have some veterans to move and also some of their younger players too, if they so choose.
- Domonic Brown pitched in a AAA game over the weekend. It didn’t go well.
- Have we gotten to a point where it’s too easy to over-hype a prospect, like Dom Brown?
- Is that what we’re doing with J.P. Crawford?
- PLEASE VISIT THE FELSKE FILES TEEPUBLIC.COM STORE! Click right here for phenomenal T-shirts and other apparel, including these sweet tees!
- IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADVERTISE WITH THE FELSKE FILES, please email John Stolnis at firstname.lastname@example.org. I have rates to match every budget!
- PLEASE CLICK HERE for the official Felske Files iTunes feed. Also please rate the show (5 stars, obviously!) and leave a review. Not only do we love to hear your feedback, but this also helps other Phillies fans find the show.
- In addition to my work here at The Good Phight, check out my work at numberFire.com.
- Follow this podcast on Twitter: @FelskeFiles.
- Follow the Felske Files on SoundCloud.
- Check out the brand new Felske Files Facebook page, and please LIKE the page!!!
- Rate The Felske Files on Stitcher.
- Follow the Felske Files on Instagram!