Greetings folks! Once again, we are going to fire up the daily links post where we scour the internet for all things Phillies related. With the offseason acting like a lawnmower at the beginning spring, struggling to get started, we’ll look at some of the things being written about our hometown nine.
Here at The Good Phight
- John Stolnis, on his latest podcast, discusses with Justin and Liz whether Carlos Santana is good.
- The Phillies have a new pitching coach! Or, a new-ish pitching coach. Well, they have someone that was there last year at least.
Other Phillies news:
- In case you haven’t noticed, Rhys Hoskins and Carlos Santana have been in Japan for the MLB Japan Series. Hoskins has really taken to the Japanese culture while there, so much so, he seems to be considering staying there simply for the sushi. I mean hey, that’s one way to solve the issue with this roster, amiright?
- Over at Bless You Boys, the Tigers SB Nation site, they discuss the possibility of taking on Santana’s contract if it means getting a prospect in return. Come for the insight, stay for the comments. There are some doozies.
- Hey, the Cy Young awards were announced. You’ve got Blake Snell from the American League (voting here) and Jacob deGrom from the National League (voting here). The voting isn’t too bad, except for that guy who put deGrom second. I mean c’mon. Even if you aren’t a fan of Brian Kenny, the win is kind of dea, folks.
- The MVP voting is announced today. In the American League, I’m going to go with Mookie Betts, while in the National League, it should be
Aaron NolaChristian Yelich. It should be interesting to see if Nola does get any down ballot votes.
We’ll have more tomorrow. If you ever see any links that are Phillies related, you can email them to me (witte dot ethan at gmail dot com) or via Twitter (@ethan_witte). Until next time....