On Episode 231 of “Hittin’ Season,” host John Stolnis is joined by The Athletic’s Meghan Montemurro to talk about the Phillies surprise announcement naming Chris Young as pitching coach, replacing Rick Kranitz.
Other topics include:
- Why did the Phillies decide to make this move now?
- The Atlanta Braves wanted to steal Young away from the Phillies and the Phils said “NO!”
- What does this mean for Rick Kranitz?
- The Phillies pitching staff was much improved last year.
- Aaron Nola finishes 3rd in the NL Cy Young voting
- Why Jacob deGrom and Max Scherzer deserved to finish ahead of Nola in the balloting.
- Is a Nola contract extension coming?
- Will the Phillies pursue another starting pitcher in free agency or the trade market?
- It could still be a while before Bryce Harper or Manny Machado signs anywhere.
- Phils release Justin Bour — what does this mean for the 40-man roster ahead of the Rule 5 draft?
Stream it on the media player or click here if the player doesn’t load!
Please leave a rating and a review for The Good Phight and Hittin’ Season on Apple Podcasts!
Don’t miss a @TheGoodPhight— John Stolnis (@JohnStolnis) September 4, 2018
podcast! Subscribe here!
Apple podcasts: https://t.co/sazPx65ISz
Google podcasts: https://t.co/WOHfV3qHBR
Google play: https://t.co/sKWmP9rYTg