Welcome back from your Thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully, you’ve come back ready for the hot stove to be as lit as the one relative that likes the wine just a liiiiiittle too much. As you might expect, it was a little slow over the holiday weekend, but here’s a roundup of some Phillies related news.
Here at The Good Phight:
- Hey guess what! The Phillies actually had one of the better groups of players 25 and under on the major leagues last year. It’s true! Our resident statistician (and dapper fellow) schmenkman wrote a piece about how this collection of players was better than we thought.
- Perhaps you warmed your hearts by the fire, yearning for Thanksgivings past. Justin regaled us with some thoughts about this fair holiday and how it relates to our favorite local nine.
Other Phillies news:
- Is the bullpen a need for upgrade on this team? If you believe Jon Morosi, it seems the Phillies are looking to do just that by showing some interest in a free agent lefty.
- You’ve heard the name Zack Greinke mentioned here, mostly by me, as a possibility for the Phillies to look into. One blogger feels the same, coming up with a scenario where the Phillies make this trade in order to land the righty. With this proposal, were the Phillies to be making it, the Diamondbacks better be paying at least 75% of the remaining salary before I’d even think to make this deal.
- It seems that this intrepid writer for MLB.com believes the Phillies should be interested in making this trade here in order to propel them, along with signing Bryce Harper, into becoming the “World Series favorite”. Honest to God, that’s his quote. Folks - if this trade happens, I might be a little perturbed. Look for some more on this later in the week.
- Finally, it seems our old friend Jayson Stark was lured into the siren song of writing about Mike Trout to the Phillies. Sighhhhhhhh......
- Seems MLB donated $5,000 to the racist senatorial candidate in Mississippi, saw the public outcry and decided to ask for it back.
- I guess the Reds are trying to win, locking up Raisel Iglesias for another three years. One of their better trade chips, if you ask me, now will remain with the team as they...um...march towards mediocrity?
Until next time...