Well, it seems that perhaps - PERHAPS - the offseason is going to be picking up soon. The best free agent starter on the market looks to be wrapping up his visits to teams. Speaking of which, I’ve never heard of a baseball player going from city to city to visit prospective teams. Football players, yes. Basketball players, of course, but for some reason, I can’t remember the last time a baseball player was known to be traveling like Patrick Corbin is. Oh well, on to the links!
Here at The Good Phight:
- I talked about the made-up trade of Corey Kluber coming to Philadelphia that was put forth last week. It’s not Kluber or Segura that I hated about that proposed deal, it was the third piece of that trade and the bounty the team would have had to surrender to do it.
Other Phillies news:
- Ken Rosenthal ($) discusses how the Phillies need to get moving with their offseason moves. Perhaps I am missing something, but why exactly do the Phillies need to get started? Are the other players threatening to sign somewhere? Are the players the Phillies are interested in trading for about to go to another team? I’m not sure why the Phillies need to hurry up and do something right now.
- Again, someone else who doesn’t follow the Phillies thinks that they should make a move that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Jacoby Ellsbury can stay in New York for all I care. It’s probably more than likely he gets released anyway, so if the team does have any interested, they can just wait until then.
- Matt Winkelman discusses the Phillies’ minor league system as it currently stands. More blah than yay! it seems.
- The Mariners made a trade....but it’s not who think it is. If Robinson Cano is going to be traded, it’ll be a bigger deal than the Mariners stocking their prospect cupboard with another team’s leftovers.
- Patrick Corbin is going to make a decision soon, as he’s met with the Phillies and the Nationals and will today meet with the Yankees. Again, once he meets the Yankees, I just feel like it’ll be an Andre Dawson-type negotiation.
- Tony Clark will continue to head up the MLBPA for the foreseeable future as he’s been reupped until 2022. Somewhere, Rob Manfred does a weird little happy dance.
- The A’s have a new stadium plan and boy, does it look like....something. I think it looks pretty cool, but I can also not understand how they believe they can grow and maintain trees on an angle like that.
Until next time...