After an Eagles game like that, where we as fans were subjected to death by a thousand paper cuts, it’s refreshing that the Phillies will seemingly take center stage at their most important winter meetings to date. We’ll hear rumors, rumors, and more rumors over the next three days, so we’ll try to recap them all here. On to the links!
Here at The Good Phight:
- The first top ten prospects list has been put out and I gave a quick rundown on where the Phillies’ youngins’ stand. Personally, I’m rather proud of the picture I chose for the piece.
- The Phillies’ new logo was....um....leaked (?) over the weekend. Here are our thoughts.
Other Phillies news:
- The Philadelphia representatives are in Las Vegas and don’t expect to sleep much. Good, because if they don’t nab either Bryce Harper or Manny Machado after this week, they got some ‘splaining to do.
- Charlie Manuel was not selected to the Hall of Fame last night. No offense to Uncle Cholly, but he’s not a Hall of Famer at all.
- No more 8 p.m. start times for Sunday Night baseball. Thank goodness.....
- We already talked about Manuel in the Hall of Fame, but two other guys - Harold Baines and Lee Smith - were selected by the Veteran’s Committee to be enshrined. Listen, if you get worked up about either of those two guys and whether they deserve it or not, more power to you. I just don’t care anymore. No, neither guy should be in, but who really cares anymore.
- Mike Napoli retired. That’s news, I guess.
It’s going to be a fun week, folks. Stay tuned. Until next time...