Man, it feels like forever since the Phillies made a move. What’s it been, 40 hours? WhT exactly is Middleton paying Klentak for anyway. I guess we’ll have to find some things to dig up about this team. On to the links!
Here at The Good Phight:
- Allie Blum has her introduction to the TGP staff with a look at some fantasy players you shouldn’t sleep on on the Phillies. Hi Allie!
- Whenever you think of Phillie-killers in the National League East, there are certain ones you wish would just leave. Justin takes a look at some of these players, wishing pestilence on them. When I think of Phillie-killers, the name Mark Lemke always springs to mind.
- The winter meetings may not be going as planned. It’s starting to feel like an episode of Game of Thrones.
Other Phillies news:
- Friend of the site Matt Winkelman previews the Rule V draft scheduled for today.
- From the Athletic, Meghan Montemurro ($) discusses the strategy of sticking with the young starters the Phillies have built up or whether they should have been dipping their toes in the market for more established pitchers.
- Meghan also had a story ($) about Luis Garcia, the young shortstop prospect who is rocketing up prospect ranking lists.
- Bob Brookover talks about the distinct possibility that the Phillies miss out on both big free agents this offseason.
- Some signings happened over night. The Yankees made JA Happ an offer he couldn’t refuse, Lance Lynn convinced the Rangers he was worth the money, the Dodgers stole a pitcher that beat them in the World Series, and the Mets continue to purposefully give out contracts and money to players who are alleged domestic abusers.
- The Nationals made a trade that would make the whole household of Full House happy as it involved the first ever two Tanner trade.
- The Rays signed Charlie Morton to a deal that I’m still scratching my head the Phillies couldn’t or wouldn’t beat.
- Justin Bour has a new home in Los Angeles. Could this be the end of Albert Pujols’ career with the Angels? He has his 3,000th hit, the team is already going to be paying him. Wouldn’t it just be better to release him and use the roster spot at this point?
Until next time...