Well, here comes the week before Christmas. The one when we hope and pray that we’ll start getting some answers on certain free agents. After all, wouldn’t you want to spend the holidays with your family having an answer about where you will be employed in the next season? I know I would. I’ll predict that one of them will sign this week. On to the links!
Here at The Good Phight:
- Evan gives a look at the Phillies rotation as it looks now prior to any possible additions.
- All Allie wants for Christmas is for the Phillies to finish above .500.
Other Phillies news:
- He’s coming. This Thursday, Manny Machado makes his stop in Philadelphia on his free agency tour. Local electrical workers’ unions’ - you know what to do.
- The Phillies might be focusing on another lefty, setting their sights on Mike Minor. Now, Minor was dominant in 2017 as a reliever, but as a starter in 2018, he was very average. He’s kind of the same thing that the team already has in Nick Pivetta and Vince Velasquez.
- Corey Seidman says that Andrew Miller is better than Zach Britton.
- Jim Bowden ($) grades the team’s offseason thus far, giving them a B+. I’m pretty sure that every single grade should be an INC, but I’m not being paid to write for the Athletic.
- The Mets continue to have a very good and very interesting offseason, signing Wilson Ramos to be their catcher. This puts an end to that “trade Syndergaard” nonsense. If the Mets sign AJ Pollock, watch out.
- The White Sox traded for Yonder Alonso over the weekend. Now, this normally wouldn’t be that big a deal except for the fact that Alonso is Machado’s brother in law. Do with that what you will.
- The Orioles have a manager (officially).
Guys, I really need something to happen this week. Until next time...