You’d think that we wouldn’t have much to write about since there isn’t exactly a plethora of information out there for us to dissect. There are no games, no moves being made and the ones that have been made, we’ve already gone over. However, as you’ll see, we have been quite busy and will continue to be so. We also thank you for reading. It’s always nice to see people looking at what we’ve done and you continue to come back. On to the links!
Here at The Good Phight:
- We broke a story here, writing about how Scott Freedman has left the baseball operations department.
- You’d think that Andy Macphail coming in and telling us to settle down with our expectations would work? Well, I got news for ya, pal. IT AIN’T GONNA WORK!
- Our resident equine returns with another in his series on Ruben Amaro, looking at when the third ace arrived on his bulldozer to rescue the team.
- Andrew McCutchen met with the Phillies media yesterday. More accurately, his son met with the media. First person to complain about his son being there gets banned.
Other Phillies news:
- As I mentioned, McCutchen met the town yesterday and got right down to answering the tough questions. Trade him, I say.
- To some, the McCutchen contract, when compared to what Michael Brantley got, looks like the Phillies went a little overboard. To the educated, it’s actually not that bad.
- I forgot this from last week, but the Phillies had a quiet Rule V draft and that’s not a bad thing.
- The Dark Knight has a new home, signing with the Los Angeles Angels on a one-year deal.
- The new Mets general manager believes his team to be the team to beat in the National League East. I mean, what’s he supposed to say?
- The Twins are doing the classy thing and retiring Joe Mauer’s number. Good move, Minnesota.
- Penny Marshall passed away yesterday. She’ll be remembered in the baseball world for giving us “A League Of Their Own”. Rest well, Laverne.
Until next time...