GUYS, IT’S FINALLY HERE!
MANNY MACHADO IS COMIN’ TO TOWN!!!!!!!
UNIONS - UNITE! HEAD ON DOWN TO CITIZENS BANK PARK! EVERYBODY - GO DOWN AND VOICE YOUR EXCITEMENT THAT HE IS HERE! LET’S GET HIM INTO A PHILLIES UNIFORM!!!!!!
On to the links!
Here at The Good Phight:
- Poor John Stolnis. This offseason is going to be the death of his psyche. Here, he’s back on the Machado train. Someone just sign here so the man can exhale!
- We have an update to the Scott Freedman story with a quote from the Phillies.
Other Phillies news:
- Hey! According to Ken Rosenthal ($), the Phillies are now “Team Stupid Money” and they need to get Machado right now. Doesn’t quite have the same ring as “Evil Empire” but I’ll take it!
- As you know, Machado is coming today and Bob Brookover has it covered.
- MLB is trying to curb the harrowing experiences of Cuban baseball players trying to come to America to play baseball by creating safe way for players to come to the United States. Good on them.
- The Indians, for some reason, are still out there discussing trades involving Corey Kluber. One report suggested that the Reds would have to part with their top two prospects in order to get him. If that’s the price, I say - no thank you.
- Troy Tulowitzki held a workout today for prospective employers, with the Phillies reportedly in attendance. I might be in the minority here, but I think he is a guy the team should go after if they lose out on Machado. He’ll come on a minimum deal, so if he’s bad, they can just release him for a very minimal hit.
That’s it. Behave today, folks. And don’t listen to what they say on sports radio - Machado is worth it. Until next time...