Yesterday, it all went according to plan. Manny Machado arrived and apparently had a wonderful time. The people were out to greet him, he probably had a cheesesteak and no one (as far as we know) hurled anything at him. Pretty sure that locks it up folks. I’m going to go ahead make a prediction:
On December 27, Manny Machado will sign with the Phillies for 9 years and $300 million
You heard it here first. On to the links...
Here at The Good Phight:
- Justin talked about being on our best behavior as a group of Phillies fans. It’s a great read....so you should read it.
Other Phillies news:
- With Machado being the big story, you can guess what most of the locals were writing about.
- In talking to Machado and Bryce Harper, the Phillies need to sell the duo on what is being built here in Philadelphia.
- This is from a few days ago, but Meghan Montemurro tries to look at Andrew McCutchen’s leadership and how it will play in Philadelphia.
- Machado was also a national story. Here, from the Athletic ($), a writer who covers the Orioles tries to decide if Machado is really going to live up to that contract he’s about to get.
- Also at the Athletic ($), Ralph tried to find the best fits for the remaining free agents.
- Lots of signings yesterday. The Rockies nabbed Daniel Murphy to play first base for them (2/$24M), the Nationals continued their busy offseason by grabbing Anibal Sanchez from the Braves (2/$19M), the A’s are about to get Joakim Soria for their bullpen (2/$15M).
- Andrew Miller might not be coming to Philadelphia after all.
Just a heads up, this will be the last links until after Christmas. See you then and have a merry Christmas!