Here at The Good Phight:
- Well, if you stayed up after Sunday Night Football, you were on the front lines of a Phillies/Jean Segura trade that’s reportedly been set up to include J.P. Crawford and even possibly Carlos Santana.
- On the latest episode of Continued Success, Justin and Liz discussed Major League Baseball’s week of not just shooting itself in the foot, but blasting off each toe individually.
- John wondered if the Phillies, seen courting Patrick Corbin and his family via the jumbotron earlier in the week, is worth outbidding the Yankees and Nationals.
- Just before the weekend, the Phillies were linked to Jean Segura of the Mariners, left over from the as of this writing unannounced Mets-Mariners mega-trade, as well as the Rockies, who were apparently interested in acquiring the services of Carlos Santana.
- There’s an opportunity available for anyone who is interested in running this very web site.
Other Phillies news:
- Jim Salisbury is putting the image of a Phillies infield with both Jean Segura and Manny Machado in your head. Go ahead and let it sit in there for a moment.
- With Crawford seemingly on his way out, it’s time to reminisce over what might have been. Check out Jeff Israel from July 2017 on how the kid reclaimed his swagger.
- Jayson Stark has been mulling over this year’s Hall of Fame ballot at The Athletic and is convinced its going to be one of the winter’s wilder rides.
- How much pressure is on the Phillies this winter? With each NL East team, except the Marlins, making a significant move this week, the division is taking its first shapes of 2019. The Phillies have some moves to make.
- In one of Philadelphia’s biggest off-season moves, we are two weeks away from a massive Wawa becoming a part of the part of the city where America was born.
- Even after acquiring Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz, Amazin’ Avenue mused over how there should be a few more tasks on the Mets’ to-do list.
- On the other side of that trade, Lookout Landing discussed the Mariners starting over again.
- Sounds like the Phillies will still be in on all the sexy free agent names we want them to be, even after acquiring Segura. “It’s just money, right?” asks Bob Nightengale. Yes. It is.