Man. I leave one day and Matt Klentak decides that’s the time to begin his offseason activity. Well, I guess this means goodbye then. On to the links (since that’s why you’re here)
Here at The Good Phight:
- This is why you’re here. Justin covered the finally official trade of Jean Segura to the Phillies. I’m still kind of in awe that Klentak was able to pull this off. It doesn’t seem as anything more than Seattle looking to dump money, but they must know something.
- While not technically part of The Good Phight, here is our Mariners’ sister station, Lookout Landing, and their perspective on the deal.
- There was an episode of Hittin’ Season being recorded as the news was being broken on Twitter. Give it a listen (and a good rating!).
- Does Segura sound familiar? He should. He’s basically the reason instant replay exists because of this.....nonsense.
Other Phillies news:
- Yup, we’re still talking Segura. Matt Winkelman talks about the trade and how now the roster has some “clarity”.
- At first, it was rumored that Klentak wouldn’t trade Carlos Santana because it would have been an acknowledgment that last season’s big free agent signing was a mistake. Meghan Montemurro ($) talks about how they have finally, for the betterment of the club, admitted it was and have moved on.
- Todd Zolecki has a write up - with video!
- You think the Phillies are with Manny Machado after this deal? HA! They’re still looking at the free agent as a possibility for next season.
- There was other stuff yesterday? Huh, ok! The other trade the Mariners made went official.
- Dave Roberts got the extension he wanted. Deserved? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........
- Yusei Kikuchi has been posted, meaning everyone has a shot at him now. Not really though. He’s going to a west coast team. Mark it down. This, by the way, is a chance to promote one of my greatest comments ever from TGP:
Until next time....