The Phillies enter the month of June in a better place than anyone could have expected. After splitting their four-game series against the Dodgers in Los Angeles, the Phils are 31-23 and one game out of first in the NL East, a half-game behind the Nationals for second.
A year ago, the Phils were 17-34 at the end of May and at 15-11, enjoyed their first winning May since 2012.
Of course, there were some dark clouds. The Phils’ offense continues to struggle and the defense has been a mess at times. But led by a starting rotation that has been the best in the National League over the last month, the Phillies continue to win games.
And on Monday, the Phils have a chance to add another piece to an already loaded farm system when they pick No. 3 overall in the MLB Draft. They are expected to take a college bat, with the most likely candidate third baseman Alec Bohm of Wichita State.
Joining host John Stolnis on Episode 193 of “Hittin’ Season” is MLB Draft guru Dan Cormican of The Good Phight, who will preview all the possible selections, and give his pick on the players he would most, and least, like the Phillies to select.
Also, KYW sports anchor and reporter Matt Leon joins the show to break down the Phils’ series against the Dodgers, the outstanding performances of Aaron Nola, Sernathony Dominguez and Jake Arrieta, and talk about the injury to Rhys Hoskins.
- Play a FREE money game on DRAFT! Download DRAFT on your app store and use the promo code FELSKE or go to www.draft.com/felske and play the easiest daily fantasy baseball game there is for FREE with your first deposit.
- ADVERTISE WITH THE “HITTIN’ SEASON”! Email John Stolnis at firstname.lastname@example.org for rates. I have rates to match every budget!
- Become a Patreon subscriber to “Hittin’ Season” and get at least two bonus podcasts per week, featuring myself, Liz Roscher, Justin Klugh and others! Hit the Patreon link RIGHT HERE!
- SUBSCRIBE TO “Hittin’ Season” on iTunes!. Also please rate the show (5 stars, obviously!) and leave a review. Not only do we love to hear your feedback, but this also helps other Phillies fans find the show.
- In addition to my work here at The Good Phight, check out my fantasy baseball writing atnumberFire.com.
- Follow this podcast on Twitter: @JohnStolnis (a Twitter name change may soon be coming)
- Follow the “Hittin’ Season” on SoundCloud.
- Check out the brand new “Hittin’ Season” Facebook page, and please LIKE the page!!!
- Rate “Hittin’ Season” on Stitcher
- Follow “Hittin’ Season” on Instagram!