It’s a hot one out there today. And I know that because the Phillies Twitter account is giving me tips for not dying if I come to the game today.
Some advice from #AtPhillies if you're coming to today's game:— Philadelphia Phillies (@Phillies) July 1, 2018
1) It's hot out. Stay hydrated -- Drink lots of water!
2) Visit our shaded misting stations on the concourse if you'd like to get out of the heat for a bit.
3) Wear sunscreen.
4) Have fun and cheer loudly! pic.twitter.com/i2GZrSGj0Q
Now, I live in Ohio. And it’s on days like this that I’m thankful, because I can’t even be tempted by the idea of going to the game and sweating my ass off. Not even a little bit!
Here’s today’s lineup:
The most important things for today’s game:
- Jake Arrieta needs to go at least six innings, and ideally seven or eight. The bullpen has been taxed a lot over this series, and they need a break.
- Carlos Santana has the day off, so we’ve got Rhys Hoskins at first base and both Aaron Altherr and Nick Williams in the outfield.
- Pat Neshek has been reinstated, glory be.
- Did I mention that Arrieta needs to last awhile in this game? I did, right?
Let’s hope the players and fans all stay healthy and hydrated today. It’s a scorcher.
Discuss the game in the comments below.