I’m not sure if you’ve heard, but Manny Machado is here.
So yes, please cheer loudly for him when he’s first introduced. Let him know you want him and will love him if he chooses us.
And then, once the game starts, boo him if he hits home runs and stuff.
Anyway, it’s going to be, oh I dunno, a millionty degrees outside for the game tonight, so if you’re going, make sure to have a nice cup of ice water and gallon of frozen carbon dioxide to help keep you cool.
Here’s tonight’s Phillies lineup.
Some other notes for tonight:
- The Phillies have won 10 of their last 15 and tonight is the first of 16 straight games they’ll play against teams with a losing record.
- Zach Eflin is coming off a month of June in which he went 5-0 with a 1.76 ERA, with a 28/6 K/BB ratio
- Eflin’s .551 opponent’s OPS during June was the 3rd-lowest by any Phillies starter over the last 20 years in June, trailing only Cliff Lee (.370) and Cole Hamels (.441) in 2011
- Oh and every opponent he faced in June was a damn good team, all with a winning percentage of .548 or better.
- The Phillies have gone 39-21 in their last 60 games at Citizens Bank Park, 4th-best dating back to last September 12th.