This really is the worst time of year, isn’t it. No more football for the Eagles, the Flyers are terrible, the Sixers are good but that doesn’t really matter until the playoffs, and there is nothing happening with the Phillies. All we can do is wait. What I did over the weekend was delete Twitter off my phone and stayed off my computer. It was wonderful. I didn’t drive myself nuts looking at tweets from “sources” or “people with knowledge”. It helps quite a bit. For now, on to the links!
Here at The Good Phight:
- John, Justin and Liz brought you another exciting adventure of Hittin’ Season where they discussed pretty much everything you think they were going to discuss.
Other Phillies news:
- Scott Lauber makes his case for why the team should choose Bryce Harper over Manny Machado. Whatever your opinion is, it’s a good read.
- From a few days back, here is a look at Juan Samuel and how baseball is worse off with him remaining unemployed by any of the teams.
- Does the Phillies rotation need any upgrades? Not according to new pitching coach Chris Young, writes Lauber. He’s fine going into the season with what the team has (pssst - I agree.)
- Welp, the Manny Machado saga is getting interesting. First, we had a report from Jeff Passan that he had an 8 year/$250 million offer from the White Sox. Then Bob Nightengale said that there has not been an offer like that made. THEN we saw a report that Machado will take the highest offer, no matter where it is. Folks, I think it’s fair to say his situation will end shortly.
- Mel Stottlemyre passed away yesterday. I remember him as the pitching coach, but others will remember him as an actual pitcher. I’m young.
Until next time...