By now, you all know the drill.
Another day, another time of waiting. I know it’s getting old, but hang in there.
It’s going to be over soon. I really wish that I could point you to some news about other things happening in baseball, but until the two big boys make their decisions, nobody else is going to be doing much of anything. Is that a problem? Of course it is. It means that the system is somehow broken. Perhaps a new CBA can fix that?
On to the links!
Here at The Good Phight:
- John talks about how the Phillies will not be signing both Bryce Harper and Manny Machado. Personally, I’m skeptical. At this point, we all know the agents are playing chicken. If reports are true that the duo is waiting until February to make a decision, that can only work in the team’s favor. I’ll put the odds that both are coming here at better than 50-50.
Other Phillies news:
- The big rumors of the day: the Phillies are pretty sure they will get one of Harper or Machado, but probably not both. Located in that site is the nugget that the team wishes to sign Harper, Dallas Keuchel and Craig Kimbrel. That makes sense. The team’s M.O. this offseason has been to be super silent about moves until about 3 seconds before the story breaks. Since we haven’t heard much about the pitchers, you’d have to assume that they have been talking to them.
- Here’s more about the team’s “visions” of adding those three players.
- Corey Seidman gives you three pitchers from the Phillies who are facing “make or break” seasons.
- Yesterday, I talked about a rumor that the Reds, Padres and Indians were discussing a three team deal where Corey Kluber could end up in Cincinnati. Here is how it could work.
- Think the Braves have some dough to spend? Maybe so, but that doesn’t mean they are going to sign someone like A.J. Pollock, writes Ken Rosenthal ($).
- THERE WAS A TRADE! THERE WAS A TRADE! THERE WAS A TRADE! NEWS!
Until next time...