Some days, we have oodles of news, news that helps us get through the day.
Some days, we have no news, a barren wasteland of nothingness that mirrors the country at hand.
And some days, we have sniping and anger on Twitter, which is what we saw yesterday. What a day. On to the links!
Here at The Good Phight:
- Justin brought you a fascinating look at Steve Carlton’s 1973 season, when he was the highest paid player in the game.....and took a beating.
Other Phillies news:
- Now you too can help determine what the next contracts will look like with Machado and Harper. Over at Fangraphs, you can be a part of the crowdsourcing project.
- Matt Winkelman has begun his prospect rankings of the Phillies, starting with the #41-50 names on his list.
- Jim Salisbury writes that the Phillies are set up to win the Machado sweepstakes. Well, actually, I think the longer it goes, the more likely the Yankees are to win, echoing what Jeff Passan said earlier yesterday.
- Again at Fangraphs, an introduction on a hopefully enlightening way to fix the arbitration system set up by MLB and MLBPA.
- Remember those leaked offers you saw yesterday concerning Machado and the White Sox. Yeah, his agent ain’t happy about it. At. All.
That’s all for now. Until next time...