Today, there was an actual, real-life Phillies highlight that can be shared. Yes, something tangible that we can all get excited about! Some Phillies prospects went to MLB Network studios and had a home run derby. There, Deivi Grullon almost put a hole in a wall.
Mmmmmmm, yes, that’s the good stuff. A nice break from the rumors. On to the links!
Here at The Good Phight:
- John brought you another episode of Hittin’ Season for your auditory pleasure. Don’t forget to give a review!
- I spoke about the backup catcher spot and whether the team can upgrade there.
Other Phillies news:
- It’s looking more and more like Roy Halladay will be inducted into the Hall of Fame this year. That could be a day where Phillies fans everywhere are looking to stock up on some tissues.
- Corey Seidman and Jim Salisbury recorded a podcast where Salisbury states he doesn’t think the Cubs are out on Harper. In fact, he thinks all the big spenders are just laying in the weeds waiting to pounce. Great, just what we need - another reason to worry incessantly why these guys are accepting offers.
- At the Athletic ($), Meghan Montemurro and Eno Sarris talk about how the defense is being worked on this offseason with all the maneuverings. Thank goodness....
- Remember that Fangraphs crowdsourcing thing I mentioned yesterday? Here are the results.
- Oh, by the way, the Phillies really want to have a really good outfield in two years.
- The Yankees made a move that has felt inevitable in signing Adam Ottavino to a three year deal. That bullpen, on paper, looks scary good.
- Looks like Sonny Gray is on the move. With Ottavino in the fold, the Yankees are trying to move the righty, with several teams in the hunt.
- Who are the possible mystery teams in the hunt for the big boys? Buster Olney looks at who they might be.
Wasn’t it nice to have a links post that didn’t mention MacHarper.....wait....shoot.
Until next time, enjoy your weekend!