Welcome to 2019! After a long break, we’re back here and ready to get back into it. There hasn’t been much in the way of news breaking for the Phillies, since most of baseball seems to be taking a break as well, but we’ll hook you up with some links to start your new year anyway. On to the links!
Here at The Good Phight:
- We here at TGP have been busy during the holiday break. I came up with some New Year’s resolutions for some players that I am pretty sure will be on the Phillies in 2019.
- Justin writes about how the team is looking for an identity as we head into 2019.
- The rumors that the team is interested in signing Dallas Keuchel led John to wonder how much is Keuchel worth to this team.
- Paul is back to discuss how Cesar Hernandez’s reign as leadoff hitter shouldn’t be as etched in stone as it has been in the past.
- The latest episode of Hittin’ Season talks about how the team might need to get really creative to endure this offseason.
Other Phillies news:
- Nick Pivetta is starting to make the rounds as a breakout candidate for 2019. Fantasy baseball owners, perk up those ears....
- You may have missed this, but the team will need a new first base/infield defense/baserunning coach as Dave Flores has been hired by the Orioles to join their staff for 2019.
- In a rather large free agent signing, Yusei Kikuchi will head to Seattle to help the Mariners in their rebuild. It’s a deal very similar to the one Jake Arrieta signed with the Phillies in that there is a chance Kikuchi can opt in to more years, the Mariners can make him stay, or they can both just part ways. I mentioned here once before, I really like how the Mariners are going about their rebuild.
- How about some early 2019 predictions on who will win the World Series? Paging Freezing Cold Takes.
- Jayson Stark’s annual “Strange, But True” column (sadly, $) is always worth a read.
Until next time...