What a weekend. There were controversial football games, where rules were totally ignored and/or misapplied. There was the local bombshell about Carson Wentz. And the Phillies! Well nothing happened with the Phillies. But there was some action in baseball. That’s cool! As we all try and warm up, let’s head on to the links!
Here at The Good Phight:
- Justin and Liz bring you another episode of Continued Success, where the local cuisine comes into play.
- Over the weekend, we had some news about the possibility of Mike Moustakas coming to Philadelphia if they miss out on Manny Machado. Justin breaks down whether that’s a good idea.
- There is also another podcast from John, Justin and Liz. God bless ‘em they talked about other Phillies stuff!
Other Phillies news:
- Last week, I noted that Matt Winkelman started his top 50 prospects lists. Here is #31-40 and yesterday, he published #21-30. These are obvious must reads for anyone interested in the minor league system.
- Aaron Nola’s arbitration case is scheduled for February 14 and he is going. He knows it’s going to be tough, but he also knows why.
- Nick Williams is aware of all the rumors, but still he continues to work.
- Prior to his death, Roy Halladay talked about what a vote into the Hall of Fame would mean to him.
- Jim Salisbury talks about Mickey Moniak and how he looks ready to make a big jump in 2019.
- The trade that sent Sonny Gray to Cincinnati was finally consummated yesterday, only with another team involved. Seattle managed to finagle their way in and acquired Shed Long from New York, sending Josh Stowers to the Bronx. Gray, of course, agreed to a three year extension with the Reds, something that was necessary for the deal to be complete.
- The Hall of Fame results are going to be announced today. Mariano Rivera is a shoo-in, possibly the first player elected unanimously. Look like Edgar Martinez will join him, though whether he is alone is still up for debate. Roy Halladay? More likely than not.
- Machado’s father is weighing in, saying that he might sign with someone you aren’t expecting. I kinda believe the Miami angle.
- This was interesting - a major league team allowed outside writers to view their financials, albeit on a limited basis.
Until next time...