Very little baseball news outside of the Hall of Fame announcement, so let’s just get right to it.
Here at The Good Phight:
- Roy Halladay, the man who was here for only four years but made a huge impact, was elected to the Hall of Fame.
- Here is Paul Boye’s tribute to him from yesterday. I’d suggest perusing our archives looking at some of the tributes penned after his death. They are very good.
- Smarty gave a Halladay slant to his Ruben Tuesdays series.
Other Phillies news:
- Here is Jim Salisbury with his take on the announcement.
- I’m also going to link a story Salisbury wrote back in March 2018 about a promise Charlie Manuel made to Halladay’s son Braden. Man, it’s getting awfully dusty near this computer.
- Jayson Stark, himself a Hall of Famer this year, wrote his take on Halladay’s induction in a piece ($) for the Athletic.
- You probably saw some of the messages from Roy’s former teammates. If not, here is a nice summary of them.
- This is awesome: an oral history of Halladay’s no-hitter in the playoffs.
- Bob Brookover with his take on induction day and what that experience will be like.
- Wait, were other players inducted? Oh. Ok, I guess we can share some of the spotlight. Mariano Rivera, Mike Mussina and Edgar Martinez will join Halladay’s family in Cooperstown.
- Here is the final ballot from the baseball writers. Let’s give credit where credit is due - Rivera being the first unanimous choice is a solid choice. Imagine the uproar if someone didn’t vote for Rivera.
What a day. Until next time...