Well, another week gone by and another week without any news on free agent movement. Sure, we’ve had some rumors, but it seems the MacHarper well has gone dry. There has literally been nothing lately. Oh well, at least there speculation now that another free agent has a home. On to the links!
Here at The Good Phight:
- A few things from yesterday. First, I talked about how some of the farmhands the Phillies have are beginning to garner more national attention.
- I also talked about the looming outfield situation if Bryce Harper decides to call Philadelphia his home.
- You may have heard about Gabe Kapler talk about his bullpen on the latest episode of Hittin’ Season. Well, Paul takes an in depth look at how the right-handers in the bullpen are able to get out left-handed hitters. A very interesting read.
Other Phillies news:
- Evan Macy talks to Rhys Hoskins about what the experience of following the free agent market is like for players on the prospective teams.
- The focus this year for Kapler during spring training seems to be more on the fundamentals of the game rather than being bold.
- There was a big free agent signing yesterday that has a direct impact on the Phillies.
A.J. Pollock has agreed to a deal with the Los Angeles Dodgers. This is the one that impacts the Phillies. You’d have to think that with Pollock in LA and the Dodgers up against the
salary capluxury tax, they will not be pursuing Harper, but until that man is signed with someone, I will not believe anything.
- Brad Brach is heading to Chicago on a one-year deal. Nothing really impactful here, but the Cubs’ bullpen situation was pretty dicey. A good signing by them.
- Are the Dodgers done with their roster? Not if you still believe the rumors of them going hard after JT Realmuto.
Have a great weekend. Until next time...