Well now. Yesterday was interesting. First, we had this:
Of course, many noted that around this time last year, this video game put out the trailer for the gameplay, which makes total sense for this year as well. The tweet, though, Phillies twitter into a minor frenzy, which quickly died down.
Then, late last night, this:
Confirmed Report:— Vegas Gambling Steam (@Pregame_Steam) January 29, 2019
Bryce Harper has agreed to multi year mega contract with Philadelphia Phillies, source says deal was wrapped up pending medicals #Vegas has taken all Bryce Harper prop bets off the board
Now, things started getting interesting. While this is still probably nothing, this is a lot of smoke starting to get fanned out here. Stay tuned.
On to the links!
Here at The Good Phight:
- Sorry, folks. We had a lot of stuff outside of this website going on yesterday. We’ll get you today.
Other Phillies news:
- Ah yes, more Harper smoke. This time, a photo of Victus bats with Harper’s name and number in Phillies font appeared online. This is getting interesting.
- This is pretty funny. If you’re on Twitter, chances are you have seen this guy and been duped. This account has been getting Phillies’ fans to believe rumors.
- The waiting strategy, according to Scott Lauber, is the right strategy for the Phillies this offseason. Can’t say it’s been the right strategy for my ulcers, but hey...
- Speaking of overdue pursuits, it looks like the JT Realmuto sweepstakes are coming to an end as well, with Cincinnati the lead dog right now.
- The Rangers added to their bullpen, inking Shawn Kelley to a deal.
Stay close, folks. This could be over soon. Until next time...