Another day lost to waiting out the decision of Manny Machado. It seems kind of silly to be waiting on a player to make his decision on where he wants the spend the next 5-7 years of his career, but a lot of players are waiting as well since the market is waiting on Manny to make his choice so they can begin to make their moves as well. Oh well. Until then, on to the links!
Here at The Good Phight:
- While we wait on one free agent, the Phillies begin making their move on another. John Stolnis has information about that.
- Evan is back with his point of view of what the offseason looks like if the Phillies don’t land one of the big fish.
Other Phillies news:
- Here is that original report from Jim Salisbury talking about the meeting with Bryce Harper planned for next week. It makes total sense. They can’t just sit and wait for Machado.
- Fangraphs has their top prospects up for the Phillies and for the most part, they are pretty good. Better get familiar with Simon Muzziotti, folks.
- The Phillies still have the fourth best roster in the NL East. What does signing MacHarper do to those “rankings”?
- In other Harper news, it came out that he met with Washington over the weekend for about five hours. I don’t really see that as much more than a market for Harper is slow to come to fruition. Keeping Washington in the game only helps Harper’s leverage with other teams.
- The Marlins are kind of stuck right now in their efforts to trade J.T. Realmuto. They plan on heading to spring training with him in tow.
- Saving the big one for last, the Yankees struck a deal with Troy Tulowitzki. If you believe that this in any way prevents them from signing Machado, you are deluding yourself. Tulo is on a minimum contract thanks to his release from Toronto, so if they want to, they can cut him for a relative drop in the bucket.
Until next time...