Philadelphia seems to have a way with vortexes (vortecies?). Before this polar vortex we are currently in, we were in a vortex of suck from roughly 2013-2017. Now we have a vortex of nothingness when it comes to free agency news. Guess what my new favorite word is? You guessed it - antidisestablishmentarianism.
Why yes the offseason is starting to get to me, why do you ask?
On to the links!
Here at The Good Phight:
- Jimmy Rollins is coming to the organization to charm the pants off of you, writes Justin.
- John asks the question about whether or not it makes sense for either Manny Machado or Bryce Harper to wait this long to make a decision.
- Hey - real, actual, honest to good baseball is coming. Let’s get ready!
- Here is a primer about how to listen to the podcasts we have here at The Good Phight.
Other Phillies news:
- Ever wonder how the Phillies ended up in Clearwater? Larry Shenk is here to tell you how.
- Yesterday, Matt Klentak was making the rounds on radio and in interviews. Here is Jim Salisbury and his sitdown with the Phillies general manager.
- Klentak also showed up on 97.5 yesterday and answered some questions in his roundabout way.
- Matt Winkelman has some thoughts about rankings.
- Keith Law finished his rankings of his top 100 prospects yesterday (#51-100 are right here) and the big huff was his choosing Fernando Tatis, Jr. over Vlad Guerrero, Jr. as the #1 prospect. I’m no prospect maven myself, but I actually think I might agree with Law on this one, especially once you read his reasoning.
- Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo got an extension.
- Greg Holland will be joining him in Arizona after getting a one year deal to relieve pitchers with the Diamondbacks.
Until next time....