The Phillies made a splash yesterday, signing David Robertson away from the Yankees. Perhaps this is a portend of bigger things to come in which the Phillies sign other players away from the clutches of the Evil Empire. On to the links!
Here at The Good Phight:
- We have you covered on the Robertson news. Here is John and Justin covering the news from the breaking to the updating of the terms.
- John was also busy, giving you another episode of the Hittin’ Season for your ears to partake in.
Other Phillies news:
- Lots of Robertson coverage yesterday. Here is Jim Salisbury writing the news for NBC Sports.
- Here is more from Salisbury about the role Robertson will fill on the staff and whether a trade is on the horizon to unclog the sudden logjam of viable relief options.
- Fangraphs’ Jeff Sullivan weighed in, giving the move some good reviews.
- In non-Robertson news, here is how a longer deal with the Phillies could actually benefit Bryce Harper.
- Sweet fancy Moses, an enlightened take about the Phillies, free agents and “stupid money”.
- Remember Jerad Eickhoff? Yeah, he could be a part of this rotation, writes Meghan Montemurro ($). I’m beginning to wonder if the team is privately very optimistic about Eickhoff, causing them to not be so aggressive with their contract offers.
- If you wanted to read other things about David Robertson when he was a Yankee, there is a story about how he, as the player rep for the team, led the division of the playoff shares from last year. It’s not exactly the most positive thing in the world.
- Apparently, other things in the baseball world were happening. MLB to Portland? Some investors are lining up to make that happen.
- Troy Tulowitzki ($) really, really wants to stay at shortstop for the Yankees.
Until next time...