Well, now that that atrocious Super Bowl is over, we can focus on one thing and one thing only: baseball. Yes, baseball is here!
Here at The Good Phight:
- One of the bigger stories was the revelations made about manager Gabe Kapler in a story about the Washington Post. Justin gives you the facts about what we know right now. I implore you, dear reader, the read the story in the Post first before reading Justin’s story.
- Evan is back with a piece about the two players Jekyll and Hyde nature of Odubel Herrera’s 2018 season.
- Last night, you might not have noticed a story about my favorite player Jorge Alfaro that Paul put together, but you should read it. Right now.
Other Phillies news:
- The Phillies are still optimistic about landing one of the two big fish still left among the dozens of free agents still waiting for jobs.
- Corey Seidman brings us a piece that says not only is Harper’s returning to Washington a possibility, it’s in fact “likely”.
- Matt Breen spoke to Kapler about this investigation, a must read today.
- Over the weekend, Nolan Arenado set the record highest contract in arbitration, settling with the Rockies for $26 million. What’s even better for Rockies’ fans is the owner saying the team is “optimistic” about a long-term contract with the third baseman. Take that, Yankees.
- Former Pirates pitcher Bob Friend passed away yesterday.
- I guess we can put those JT Realmuto to Tampa Bay rumors to bed. Looks like the Rays are gonna roll with what they’ve got.
Please, end this offseason. Until next time...